Is anyone in Arizona that would want to carpool out there? The venue is about 6 hours away from where I'm at.
Posts made by xioustic
RE: EasyAllies.com Schedule in "ical" Format (Automatically Display/Update on Google Calendar)
Apologies for reviving the post. I've logged in the first time in awhile and surprised to see such a response here! Glad people are using it; I thought I was the only one. It is very convenient!
I noticed that you switched "cal.easyallies.com" to point to my server, which seems to work great. However, the "A" record of the subdomain needs to now point to "184.108.40.206" instead of "220.127.116.11". I just switched hosting providers. The old IP will likely shut off at the end of the month. There shouldn't be another switch like this for at least a year unless the new hosting provider ends up being absolutely terrible.
Anyone using cal.ezafan.site to get their calendar will not have to change anything; I have already switched the DNS record for that.
No problems continuing hosting; I always have a few servers online for work. If you do want to host it, the source code at https://github.com/xioustic/ezaical is still what's being used.
EasyAllies.com Schedule in "ical" Format (Automatically Display/Update on Google Calendar)
Wrote a quick thing that grabs the easyallies.com site schedule data and converts it to "ical" format. This means that you can point your application's calendar import at the URL and get/update the latest EasyAllies schedule, which automatically adjusts to your timezone.
I only use Google Calendar, so here's step-by-step instructions:
- Go to calendar.google.com
- Login, if needed
- Click the drop-down next to Other Calendars, and click "Add by URL"
- Type in "https://cal.easyallies.com/" as the URL, and click "Add Calendar"
- After a few moments it should import the calendar. It should automatically update as the Allies update it on the main site.
Results (also displays great on my Android phone):
There should be an equivalent "import" or "add" feature in almost every modern calendaring program out there, you just need to point it at the URL http://cal.ezafan.site/.
Note for the webmaster:
- This depends on the "http://easyallies.com/api/site/getHome" endpoint being available
- It's currently hosted at cal.ezafan.site
- You can create an "A" DNS record "cal.easyallies.com" to "18.104.22.168" and you'll get the same functionality; my server is setup to respond to that subdomain with the ical file.
- If you want to host it on your own server, it's an extremely basic NodeJS Express App that you can trivially stick up on AWS and route to using a Nginx reverse-proxy or point a subdomain at. Here's the code: https://github.com/xioustic/ezaical